February 12th, 2015
Job Opportunity – Direct Support Representatives
EXTEND-A-FAMILY WATERLOO REGION IS LOOKING FOR…
DIRECT SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVES!
Active Employee of Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region in providing individualized supports (i.e. one of the following areas: Special Services at Home, Passport, Respite, Family Home)
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECT SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVES
To gather information on worker related issues that can be presented to the Direct Support Person Committee*
- To explore and create plans for network building, events and resource sharing within the Direct Support Person community.
- To track/report and communicate on work/tasks of the team, and make recommendations to the Direct Support Person Committee.
Members are expected to:
- Make a one year commitment to the Direct Support Representatives team
- Each member will receive a $200.00 honorarium at the end of the one year commitment
- Participate in a one day team building training with the Direct Support Representatives and have attended an Inclusion Workshop once in the last two years
- Appoint a chair responsible for communication to/with the Direct Support Person Committee
- Provide an agenda to the team two days prior to meeting and take minutes, which will be shared with the Direct Support Representative and the Direct Support Person Committee
- The committee will meet six times per year; all members are responsible for regular attendance
- Members are responsible to take part in mutually agreed upon tasks
- A process of consensus will be used for decision making. When consensus is not possible, the Chair will ask for assistance from the Direct Support Person Committee
*Direct Support Person Committee: a group of EAFWR full-time employees, which acts as a forum to discuss and act upon direct support related topics and issues.
Apply to the Worker Committee c/o Sarah Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org by MONDAY MARCH 2nd, 2015. Please include: updated resume and reason for application